The 35 Largest Countries in Europe [Area Based]

In today’s article, we have listed the top 35 largest countries in Europe. The European continent has an area of ​​more than 10 million square kilometers. This makes it the fourth largest continent on the planet behind Asia, America, and Africa.

Russia has an area of ​​17 million km², a size larger than the continent itself. This is because Russia belongs to both Europe and Asia (known as a transcontinental country). About 25% of the Russian territory is in Europe and the remaining 75% is in Asia.

The 35 Largest Countries in Europe [Area Based]

The natural border between Europe and Asia is found in the Ural Mountains.

Read Also: The 15 Largest Countries in the European Union

The Largest Countries in Europe

S/NCountryArea (in km²)
1.Russia17,098,242
2.Kazakhstan2,724,900
3.Turkey783,356
4.France643,801
5.Ukraine603,550
6.Spain505,370
7.Sweden450,295
8.Germany357,022
9.Finland338,415
10.Norway323,802
11.Poland312,685
12.Italy301,340
13.United Kingdom243,610
14.Romania238,391
15.Belarus207,600
16.Greece131,957
17.Bulgaria110,879
18.Iceland103,000
19.Hungary93,028
20.Portugal92,090
21.Azerbaijan86,600
22.Austria83,871
23.Czech Republic78,867
24.Serbia77,474
25.Ireland70,273
26.Georgia69,700
27.Lithuania65,300
28.Latvia64,589
29.Croatia56,594
30.Bosnia and Herzegovina51,917
31.Slovakia49,035
32.Estonia45,228
33Denmark43,094
34.Netherlands41,543
35.Swiss41,277

Isaac , Ibadan Nig

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Next Post

The 25 Richest Countries In Europe 2022 (Updated)

Wed Jan 12 , 2022
What are the richest countries in Europe? The European economy can be divided into two large blocks: on the one hand, the most developed countries of the continent, located in the western and northern areas, and on the other hand, the less developed countries but with high growth, located further to […]
The 25 Richest Countries In Europe