It is unquestionable that the United States has many of the highest-rated universities on the planet. Of which some are in California, and enjoy many privileges, being the favorite destination of young people who seek excellence in their training and job opportunities. In this Top know the 3 most prestigious below.
Stanford University ranks 2 as the best university in the world, as assessed by the QS World University Ranking qualifier.
It was born as a private institution in 1885 in the city of the same name, in California, just 50 km from San Francisco and 20 km from San José, in the economic center of Silicon Valley. Its fame and excellence are based on its multidisciplinary educational strategy.
Their tuition obeys, on average, the 4% offered for careers related to science, which forces the Stanford student to be creative and apply their knowledge. That is, think as you do, preparing for leadership in a dynamic and changing world.
What Stanford offers
The academic offer that it offers is mainly:
- Computer science and informatics.
- Multidisciplinary studies.
- Physical sciences.
- Social Sciences.
- Earth sciences.
Data of interest
➜ Did you know that Stanford is nicknamed the Billionaire Factory?; The reason for this is that it is argued that, if its graduates founded their own country, it would be one of the top 10 economies on the planet.
Its graduates are guaranteed an average starting salary of $73,800. Nothing bad!
Likewise, 19 Nobel prizes have passed through its historic classrooms, being a factor for its qualification as second of the 3 best world universities.
Stanford is open to the world since it graduates an average of 17 thousand students, of which about 5% are international or from more than 70 countries, which makes it a conglomerate rich in diversity of origins and cultures.
Stanford financially supports its undergraduate and graduate students, based on career, college, and financial status.
It is supportive since about 82% of its enrollment receives financial assistance.
In general, it seeks to meet part of the financial needs of its students and qualify for assistance.
➜ Its assistance program is aimed at students with a family income of less than $150,000.
The support tuition provides for lodging and meals for those university students with family incomes of less than $75 thousand.
- If you want to review their academic offer, you can consult the official Stanford website.
Read Also: Top 10 Business Schools In The World
California Institute of Technology (Caltech)
According to data from the QS World University Rankings for 2021. The California Institute of Technology, Caltech, represents the fourth-best house of higher studies and research in the world, as assessed by the QS World University Ranking.
It was founded as a private institution in 1891, by an astronomer, a physicist, and a chemist, the reason for his specialty in science and engineering. It is located at 1200 E. California Boulevard, Pasadena, 20 minutes from Los Angeles by car.
What to study at Caltech?
The undergraduate and graduate degrees offered by Caltech are really stellar, and are basically related to:
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences.
- Information and computer science.
- Mathematics and statistics.
- Physical sciences.
References of interest
➜ Its selective and acceptance rate is 7%, evidencing its rigorous admission.
It can be expensive for some, since between the tuition and fees it can reach $54,600 in 2021; while in housing and food about $16,500 2021.
More than half of undergraduate students (about 53%) receive financial aid as needed in scholarships of $47,564.
Thanks to its rigorous entrance and teaching methods, it boasts a reputation that guarantees the graduate to start with a salary of $82,200 a year.
➜ Part of its graduates are related to famous astronauts.
Despite its size, and its modest staff of 2,000 students, many teachers and graduates have won 34 Nobles .
University of California, Berkeley
Different from the previous Tops, the University of California, Berkeley (UCB), located in La Jolla, San Diego and created in 1868, is public, number 1 in the USA, stands out as a benchmark of the 10 research universities.
It is a recognized member of the 14 creators of the Association of American Universities and the foundation of other world-class research organizations, such as the Mathematical Sciences Research Institute and Space Sciences Laboratory.
In recognition, selectivity, and educational excellence, Berkeley is ranked 30th in the world.
Your study plans
It has about 130 academic departments, made up of 14 faculties or schools, whose students can choose its outstanding student offer of 350 undergraduate and postgraduate plans in disciplines associated with:
- Social Sciences.
- Management information.
- Public health.
- Public policy.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences.
- Multi interdisciplinary studies.
- Environment, natural resources and conservationists.
- Among many other options, including art and dance.
Among its remarkable staff of teachers and students, 107 Nobel Laureates, 20 Oscar, 23 Turing and 14 Pulitzer stand out. You can be part of these notables!
➜ The University applies a rigorous selective admission mechanism, where out of every 100 applicants, only 17 (17%) are admitted, which gives an idea of its excellence.
➜Despite being public, undergraduate students receive subsidies by Berkeley, and exceed 65%. And another important portion receives an average of $ 20,775 scholarships and emergency loans on a case-by-case basis.
➜ It does not matter where you are from, since its student staff contains 4% of foreigners from about 100 countries.
Advantages of Studying in California
Although studying always brings numerous associated advantages, even in the native country; Without a doubt, studying in a country where there are greater opportunities for personal and professional growth is undoubtedly very tempting.
Where academic training in a developed and thriving city like California can be the quintessential American dream of many young people.
Accessing an education of excellence while enjoying its sunny climate, its coastline and tourist wealth can push anyone to move to California. Summarizing some other advantages :
- Studying in the US is synonymous with sports activity, allowing you to develop underlying skills, among other benefits associated with sports while studying.
- Education in the United States in general, is very versatile, which allows, in addition to studying and playing sports, working and earning a few extra dollars.
- In the USA you can only study and play sports, but also work at the university itself. Mainly in cafes, food stalls, libraries, cinema, theater, various events, gyms, among others.
- If you stand out from the rest of the students, you can opt for research papers or tutoring others; in addition to receiving a payment of at least $7.50 / hour minimum wage.
- That is, different from other nations such as Spain, Colombia, Venezuela, Mexico and others, which are only studied at the university stage, it makes studying in the USA more attractive.
- Learn to speak and write perfect English; and in about 4 years one can be bilingual, opening up other work and personal possibilities.
- Graduate from a high-quality, competitive degree.
- Opting for a better job in California, and an attractive salary upon graduation.
What do you think? If you want to study in one of these elite universities, leave us your opinion about the process and other tips that you know to be able to enter.