Places Where There is More Work in the United States [TOP 5]
We have listed the top 5 places where there is more work in the United States. Location is a very important factor when you are looking for a job. In some cases, it’s simple math: thanks to population size and the concentration of many industries in specific regions. There are generally more jobs in cities than in rural areas, and even in big cities more than in small ones.
Some analyzes include 30 different metrics related to the general socioeconomic perspective of each city and its particular labor market. That includes the number of job openings, job growth, average starting salaries, the variety of industries located there, the cost of housing and transportation, and more.
Read Also: 5 Successful Business Models in the United States
As we see that this topic interests you a lot, we have collected a lot of information so that you can choose your next destination as best as possible. Stay with us!
5 Places Where There is More Work in the United States
Below we have the 5 best US cities to live and work in:
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
Most important features:
- The unemployment rate in Chapel Hill is approximately 7.4%
- 20% of the people who live in the area have postgraduate studies.
- This city is home to the oldest Public University: Chapel Hill.
- And it also offers a multitude of attractions , such as museums, gardens
- botanists and many restaurants.
- 4% of its residents use public transport, while 3.7% of people walk everywhere.
- A rent in this area is around $1,260 . While buying a house can be at $220,000.
The most important characteristics of this city are the following:
- The first we are going to consider is its low unemployment rate of 6.8%.
- It is considered one of the 10 best cities to live in the USA, because it has many young families, 35% of households have children under 18 years of age.
- It has a great gastronomic and leisure offer. It also has several major universities .
- Renting an apartment in Dallas can cost you around $1,168 . Buying a house is around $204,000.
San francisco, California
- The California metropolitan area has been the heart of the bohemian lifestyle, the epicenter of the LGBT-rights movement, and the starting point of the age of technology. Today each neighborhood oozes its own character, from the District’s historic streets to the bustling piers along the Embarcadero.
- The multifaceted personality of the metropolitan area attracts a variety of people, from innovative entrepreneurs to students and retirees. However, the latest housing crisis has pushed house prices and rental rates through the roof.
- San Francisco is a great area to meet new people, as a large portion of San Francisco’s population is single. However, the environment is not so conducive to families. The high cost of living has made it difficult for families with children to settle in San Francisco. Buying a house can cost about $234,000 .
- The most popular job is the profession of home health and personal care assistants. Sector that includes about 75,780 people with an average income of 29,000 dollars per year. The second most common job is the profession of software developers and software quality assurance analysts and testers. In this sector we find that the average income is 140,000 dollars per year.
- The current unemployment rate in San Francisco hovers around 4%.
Read Also: TOP 3 Best Acting Schools In the United States
Ithaca, New York
Among the most important characteristics of Ithaca we find:
- An unemployment rate of 6.4%. While ¾ of the population has an income of more than 50,000 dollars a year. Data that places it in eighth position in the country. Most people have health insurance, a clear indication of their good financial position.
- Ithaca has 2 colleges and the highest percentage of residents with graduate degrees.
- Outdoor leisure activities and respect for the environment stand out. In fact, 16.5% of people walk to work.
- Renting a flat in Ithaca can cost around $1,034 . While buying a home is around $276,000.
Pittsburgh has many outstanding features:
- It offers a lot of sports activities, as well as cultural events and art sites. With an important night offer: bars, restaurants, nightclubs.
- It has one of the largest public transport systems, with an extensive network.
- You can rent a flat for less than $1,030. And it is one of the cheapest places to buy a house, since the price is approximately $143,250 .
How much does a person earn in the United States?
We are going to detail a little the income ranges per person in the US:
Salaries in the United States range from $24,000 per year (minimum wage) to $423,000 per year (highest average wage).
The median salary is $92,800 per year, which means that half (50%) of the population earn less than $92,800, while the other half earn more than $92,800.
This means that 25% of the population earns less than 52,600 USD, while 75% of them earn more than 52,600 USD.
Experience level is the most important factor in determining salary. Naturally, the more years of experience, the higher the salary.
- Overall, employees with two to five years of experience earn an average of 32% more than entry-level and juniors across all industries and disciplines.
- Professionals with more than five years’ experience tend to earn an average of 36% more than those with five years or less of work experience.
- Upon reaching the ten-year mark, the salary increases by 21% and an additional 14% for those who have crossed the 15-year mark.
Read Also: Most Beautiful Cities in USA -[America’s Most Beautiful Cities]
The change in salary based on experience varies drastically from place to place and is also highly dependent on the professional field.