Which are the best Internet service providers in the United States? The internet gradually has become a basic need of modern society. For that reason, today we will talk about the best providers of this service in the USA, so that you can compare and opt for the one you consider appropriate for you and your home.
Internet connection is a must-have for those who intend to stay updated on things happening around them, some for jobs while some to automate machines. Whichever thing you plan to use the internet for you definitely need the ones that are known to be fast and stable.
During the start of the Covid-19 pandemic most people were asked to work from home, teleworking became the order of the day and then we all know how important the internet we didn’t pay much attention to is.
Join me as I reveal to you the best internet companies in the United States.
The Best Internet Companies In the United States
In addition to mobile telephony, AT&T offers network connection to 21 states through the following plans:
- 10 Mbps
- 18 Mbps
- 25 Mbps
- 50 Mbps
- 100 Mbps
- 900 Mbps.
All of them are contracted for a cost of $49.99. However, the price is increased according to the surcharges of the requested service and can reach a standard rate of $59.99. AT&T is currently ranked as one of the best internet companies in the United States.
#2. Charter Spectrum
Its coverage reaches 41 states, and it only offers one plan to the public, which consists of 100 Mbps for $49.99 per month. Plus, it supplies a modem and antivirus software at no additional cost.
It should also be mentioned that the speed can be expanded to 300 Mbps for $20 or 940 Mbps for an additional $60 at the standard rate. And in a complementary way to the network connection, its users have the option of accessing Spectrum Mobile with its unlimited plan of $45 per month.
#3. Frontier Communications
This company specializes in providing internet to rural areas of the USA. So it is rare to find it in urbanized places. The options available to you are the following:
- 6 Mbps for $27.99 per month
- 45 Mbps with a value of $44.99 per month
It also offers FiOS plans to users in Florida, Texas and California although littlel and therefore difficult to obtain. For more information visit their website.
#4. Verizon Fios
It covers 50 states, and is one of the pioneers of fiber internet in the country. All their plans have a subscription to Disney +, and consist of:
- 200 Mbps for $ 39.99 per month
- 400 Mbps at $ 59.99 per month
- 940 Mbps for a cost of $ 79.99 including router rental at no additional cost
The list of best internet companies in the United States wouldn’t have been complete without making mention of Optimum. It is a relatively recent company, characterized by its quality of service, with plans such as the following:
- 20 Mbps for $29.99 per month
- 200 Mbps for $54.99
- 400 Mbps at a cost of $64.99 per month
- Gigabit speed plan for $6.99
Despite offering fairly solid options, this company has limited coverage, as it is only available in some areas such as Connecticut, New York, New Jersey, and Eastern Pennsylvania. If you find yourself in these places, go to their website and learn more about their network options.
Types of internet available in the United States
Currently, the USA has the following types of internet connection:
- ISDN digital network: It is one of the most widespread, however, its mechanism is already obsolete. This consists of the use of a digital telephone line, with a network adapter
- ADSL digital network: This uses the wiring of the Switched Telephone Network that is in disuse in most places, to transmit voice and data at a speed greater than ISDN
- Wired connection: uses fiber optic cable to transmit voice and data between nodes. And it guarantees a good internet speed
- Satellite connection: It is generally used in very isolated areas, where there is no possibility of accessing the previous options. However, network availability may be intermittent
- Wireless networks: They use infrared, light signals, or radio waves for their operation, and their range is usually greater than the previous modalities
Internet speed in USA
In general, the network speed offered is very good by the vast majority of internet providers in the USA. But as you noticed, only the ones that were featured here, you can notice that their plans provide different speeds, which causes confusion about which one to choose.
It is recommended to hire the speed that goes according to your needs.
- For example, if at home you only need internet for one or two devices, 10 or 20 Mbps is more than enough.
- But if, on the other hand, 10 or more devices will depend on the same service, the most advisable thing is to install an internet of 800 or 1000 Mbps. In this way, everyone will have guaranteed access to the network, and the system will not slow down.
That this information has been useful to you, to choose your internet provider in the United States. Remember to take into account the capacity you need according to the number of computers in your home or business and browse the web without problems.